Sunday 15 June 2014

16. A problem shared is a problem halved ~ 29th May

I was meant to be seeing a wonderful person today whom I am very lucky to have as a close friend. I have unexpectedly been taken in to hospital which sadly means I have had to cancel my day in London with her today.

Miranda and I met in the strangest of situations - we were both inpatients in a hospital and both extremely unwell . From the moment I met her it was as though we had been friends for life. When we do get the chance to see each other there are two things that she and I are very talented at; talking non stop and giggling! Unfortunately I don't get to see her very often, mostly thanks to her huge social diary (as everyone wants to see Miranda!) and also the little thing called studying/work! She has a heart of gold and voluntarily gives up a lot of her free time to assist Ruby Wax, particularly in her work to raise awareness and battle the stigma of mental health. We've supported each other through some difficult times and Miranda has been a huge support to me with my hearing.

Since losing my hearing, she hasn't treated me any differently. She sent me links of websites she knew I would find useful, she helped answer some of technical questions about creating a blog and she also helped promote my blog on her social networking sites when I started it. There was never any awkwardness between us as I had feared.

Miranda also writes a blog. Have a look at her blog (but remember to return to mine afterwards!) http://www.mirandabunting.com

Finally my advice to you? Everyone needs a friend called Miranda.




*Update* she has just finished university and she has passed her degree in nutrition and has achieved fantastic grades. I'm so proud of her.


1 comment:

  1. Very kind of you to write such nice things about me. Love you and your blog so much xxx

    ReplyDelete