Sunday 20 July 2014

27. A quick shave ~ 25th June

It's only two days since I got the new hearing aid moulds and I am already back at the audiologists because the moulds are so painful.

You know the discomfort of wearing a brand new pair of shoes for the the first time and they give you a horrible, painful blister? Well that's what's happened with my ears. The bit of the mould which goes inside my ear is fine and a much tighter fit than the first pair which is great. However the outside part of the mould is rubbing under one of the folds in both ears.

With a sanding machine the audiologist shaved the bit of the mould which had been hurting me so much. When examining it he said that it had been bleeding hence why it's been so sore. Just as he started to shave the second hearing aid, the machine overheated and decided to stop working...typical! I have to go back on Saturday by which time the machine will have been replaced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment