Monday 26 May 2014

11. The Sound Of Music ~ 17th May

The suns been out today and there wasn't a cloud in sight, hopefully that's a sign that summers on its way! I had a happy and sad moment today. We've got a blackbird in our garden and we've been watching her build her nest. My Mum was in the garden today and heard little tweets (not the social network kind!) coming from the nest. From a distance we had a a quick peep at the tiny babies. Whilst I dashed inside to grab a camera I suddenly realised that I couldn't hear them like my mum had. When I went outside again I tried listening to all the sounds around me and it then hit me that I can no longer hear any birds. I've always enjoyed listening to the dawn chorus. It's made me really sad, but I just hope I am able to memorise the sound for the rest of my life if that is possible.



***********************
I picked up my sister from the station late last night and I had my music on a lowish volume whilst I waited. I got funny looks when the passengers off her train walked past my car, a look of disgust but I had no idea why. When she got to my car she was desperately indicating for me to turn my music down which I did before she was happy enough to open the door. I was mortified when she said she could hear my music from the other side of the platform. There I was thinking it was fairly quiet. I have decided not to play music again. The only problem is my sister is a professional singer and I want to be able to hear her beautiful voice.

I haven't been able to hear the television recently so I have now resorted to subtitles which I hate. Why put the subtitles in the middle of the picture so we cannot watch it? I can understand with live television, but with pre recorded programmes why can't the subtitle be kept up to date? It's almost a case of seeing 'Joe Bloggs' being born and by the time the subtitles mention his birth he has already died! As for the spelling, don't get me started!

I am extremely embarrassed to admit this, but it must be said..... it has only dawned on me today why I cannot hear anything whilst on the phone. Perhaps putting the phone to my right ear (the completely deaf one) isn't the most intelligent thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment