Sunday 25 May 2014

10. Two ticks on my bucket list ~ 15th May


I have been contacted by The Surrey Advertiser newspaper asking if they can interview me about the hearing event I went to and also know a bit about my situation. They also mentioned they want to take my photograph....oh dear! 

*******************************

I've ticked two things off my hearing bucket list today. I was taken to London to see 'Mamma Mia' at the theatre by my parents. I couldn't hear most of the talking but through some of the sounds and the vibrations of the music I was able to work out which song was being played. The other thing I've ticked off my bucket list today was clapping. I wanted to hear the noise of the audience going mad, as though they weren't physically able to clap their hands any harder and faster. In the encore my eyes started welling up, knowing that this was probably the last time I would  experience those two things again.

The production was amazing! I saw it when I was about thirteen, as an end of year class trip. That morning at school my tennis friend and I had a phone call from our coach offering us two free tickets to watch Wimbledon on centre court! Desperate to go, our school said no! It turned out however that Mamma Mia was superb and the audience were singing and dancing at the end. A very memorable day, hence why I wanted to see and hear it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment