Sunday 22 June 2014

18. An amazing upbeat day ~ 2nd June

It was my sisters final recital for her music degree today. I was really, really touched as on the back of the programme it said "dedicated to my amazing sister". Alright, the word 'amazing' wasn't printed but I'm sure that's what she meant to say! Why did those four words mean so much to me? I would have been honoured anyway as she could have dedicated it to another family member, a friend or not dedicated it to anyone for that matter. It was the fact that my hearing is so poor and what ever happens in the future, I will always remember that she has given me those sounds and joy. That is the biggest gift she could give me right now. As well as that she was fantastic and I am so proud of her.

Later, someone who I have never met before approached me and said they had been following my blog and how "inspirational" it is. During a difficult period of their life, writing a blog helped them focus on something positive and they couldn't have got through that dreadful period of their life without it. They said that they hoped it would help me in the same way. They ended the conversation by kindly saying two graciously used words "thank you". Again I was overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment