Monday 23 June 2014

19. Standing Up To The Lying Nurse ~ 27th May

I was admitted into hospital a few days ago and during the night I pressed the bell to ask the nurse for some more pain relief. The senior nurse came into my room and before I had the chance to ask her for the medication she started shouting at me.

Nurse: "Why haven't you had your medicines I left on the table?"
Me: "I didn't know they were there"
Nurse: "I told you they were there"
Me: "I know you are aware that I'm deaf, so did you make sure that I heard you?"
Nurse: "Oh er, actually I put them in your hand"

As her story started to change, I smiled and sarcastically nodded my head. With that she stormed out of the room. I had a long wait until she finally came back with my medicine and guess what? Probably with the fear of repercussions for her job, she couldn't have been any nicer to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment