Wednesday 25 June 2014

20. My Hearing Aids Complaint List ~ 9th June

I've been back to the audiologist for my post two week hearing aid appointment (actually it's been three weeks, oh well!). I went in with my little list:
  • Hearing aids are falling out
  • The main bit that goes behind my ears falls off when I put my sunglasses on
  • I can't hear music without it screeching inside my ears
  • I can't hear the other person on the end of the phone (only yesterday I phoned a friend at her work place about a business matter and as soon as she answered the phone I had to pass the phone to someone else to talk to her. If it hadn't been my friend, I would have been very embarrassed)
I was told that other than having thinner arms on my sunglasses, there's nothing else I can do. He altered the sensitivity on my hearing aids. For some of the queries he said he'd ask a colleague for further advice. I had new moulds taken of my ears (as shown below) and this time he put the horrible gunky paste deeper inside my ear so that when they are made they will be more of a snug fitting when I wear them (and hopefully not fall out anymore).







Again I left without a magical cure. I'm to go back in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment