Wednesday 3 September 2014

33. Stone Deaf ~ 3rd July

As soon as my sister was given tickets for her immediate family to attend her graduation, she contacted the organisers to alert them about both my father and I being hard of hearing to ensure we got seats where we would hear the most. When we went in the building today, it soon became obvious that nothing had been done. Fortunately our parents were coincidently given good seating where our Dad was able to hear. Siblings on the other hand had to sit separately. The best seat they could give me was right behind a stone pillar preventing me from seeing anything and therefore I couldn't even attempt to lipread anyone!

Although where I was seated gave me the opportunity to count the cracks in the pillar (and wonder how on earth I would escape the building should the cracks get worse and the pillar collapse!), I did actually get the best view out of everyone because having been awarded their degrees, the graduates had to walk past the stone pillar where I was seated. On the way back to her seat when my sister reached my stone pillar, she gave me the best smile ever. I am a very proud big sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment